SOFTWARE ACQUISITION PROJECTS MANAGEMENT Successfully managed the rollout of Tertiary Education MIS Systems at the University of Sydney and for the benefit of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education at the Palestinian Authority.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENTAbility to conduct business and systems analysis for tablet and mobile applications and to assemble a team to conduct the software development lifecycle and taking products to markets.
Business Incubation and Acceleration Management:
- Q1 2014, Assisting the World Bank in drafting terms of reference, request for proposals and building a databank of experts to recruit the incubator management firm and an international expert for an incubator in Kabul, Afghanistan
- Q3 2013, Assessment Study MENA Network of Incubators in order to improve on its processes and performance.
- Trainer on Business Incubation Management (BIM), Conducted business infoDev incubation management training in Bahrain in May, 2012 and in April 2013 Ramallah.
- Nov2012-Dec2013, Scoping phase of the MSME Technical Assistance Facility, which is a US$20Million regional project currently targeting Morocco, Tunisia and Jordan, which aims to expand private-led employment and entrepreneurship by enabling a new generation of entrepreneurs to emerge, who are oriented towards competing in global and domestic markets.
- Nov2012-Dec2013, Scoping and review of Early Stage Innovation Facility (ESIF) Fund design, which is a US$50Million MENA regional Fund to co-invest in innovative firms with individual investors.
- Nov2012 – Jan2013, Consultation on the Mobile Incubator Feasibility Study in Kabul Afghanistan including a Mission to Kabul, Afghanistan in January 2013.
- Early 2012 – Jan2014, Consultation on the Co-incubation and Access to Markets and Financing Program for the Top20 winners of the Business Plan Winning cluster of Start-up companies, which aims, through co-incubation and soft landings activities, to provide the Top20 Winners with new market and investment opportunities in other countries. Also drafted the knowledge product related to this pilot.
MENTORING, JUDGING and ECOSYSTEM DEVELOPER
- Mentoring several start-ups on developing financial models, business model testing and pitching to investors
- Mentor at StartUp Cup Palestine – http://ramallah.startupweekend.org
- Mentor at StartUp Weekend – http://palestine.startupcup.com/organizers/judges/
E-MUNICIPALITY SENIOR CONSULTANT – GIZ
- June 2013 – Current. Assessing and gap analysis of Ramallah and six Gaza Municipalities for their e-services readiness and process mapping based on Enterprise Architecture Methodology and writing a concept how to implement e-services with an implementation plan to transform municipality services from informational to interactive to transactional to integrated. Drafted IT Policies and Guidelines
ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING AND CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE CONSULTANT
- 2012 – 2013 Developed ERP and CRM tender documentation including business process mapping for the Welfare Association including managing the selection of vendors and starting the implementation.
MARKET ANALYST / RESEARCH March 2014 AN Najah University CIS Graduate Skills Gap Analysis
April – May 2013 Senior Consultancy in conducting market studies with Avasant Company that is located in India, Austin and Los Angeles on the local and international market opportunities in the ICT sector for a client in Palestine.
2013 Senior Consultancy with (www.paltrade.org) on the Trade-in-Services and National Export Strategy projects in cooperation with the Geneva based (http://www.intracen.org). Also conducting a diagnostic study for IT companies in the West Bank and Gaza.
CORPORATE and TECHNOLOGY STARTUP BUSINESS PLAN CONSULTANT
Business plan development for the Jericho Agro-Industry Park (JAIP) located in Jericho and numerous startups business model and investment briefs.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION CONSULTANT Design of a Monitoring and Evaluation questionnaire and reports for the CISCO US$10Million commitment to in support of economic development and creating jobs in Palestine.
TRAINER – TECH ENTREPRENEURSHIP Various topics such as innovation, technology entrepreneurship, technology marketing, business model generation, technology commercialization infoDev training at different locations such as Bahrain Development Bank incubator, Birzeit University, www.picti.ps and www.oasis500.com, Accelerator program in Jordan and at Al –Nayzak. This training was also delivered at the Arab Science and Technology Foundation in Cairo.
POLICY ADVOCACYResponsible for promoting innovation and technology entrepreneurship in Palestine and publishing two position papers on the need for a modern and robust legal and regulatory corporate environment in Palestine for the development of an emerging and innovative ICT sector and on introducing new intellectual property rights laws and robust implementation mechanisms to bolster investment confidence in the Palestinian ICT sector
STRATEGY FORMULATION AND DEVELOPMENTTrack record in formulating successful strategies for the World Bank Palestine Development Gateway Project and industry-based strategies to grow the technology sector. Experience in developing strategies to develop the innovation and technology entrepreneurship eco-system including Technoparks.
Information technology assignments published by the Australian Computer Society related to management of information systems.
4. Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Assessment of Incubators, infoDev Web site http://www.idisc.net/en/Publication.196.html